A. The purpose of the squad shall be to provide personnel trained and equipped to provide immediate assistance to those in need of rescue. The rescue squad is currently specialized in Low, Steep & High Angle Rescue, moving water rescue & dive rescue & recovery. The activities of the squad shall be dedicated to the welfare of our county, our state and our nation.
B. To put forth an organized and trained rescue squad for the protection and welfare of the citizens and visitors of Wolfe County.
C. To put forth for its members and the public educational first aid, life-saving and safety programs.
D. To cooperate with all citizens and agencies within Wolfe County for the well-being of the County’s citizens and to provide mutual aid for other counties when requested and deemed necessary by the coordinator.
E. Certified team members of the Wolfe County Rescue Squad will lead the response to the following type of incidents:
1. Ground search, rescue and recover
2. Rough terrain rescue and recovery
3. Low, Steep & High Angle rescue and recovery
4. Water rescue & recovery
5. Moving water rescue
6. Dive rescue and recovery
F. The Wolfe County rescue squad will respond and assist, but will take the lead role in the following incidents:
1. Evident search of recovery when not related to criminal acts
G. The Wolfe County Rescue Squad will not respond to the following rescue incidents:
1. Any and all types of law enforcement activity unless specifically approved by the coordinator or his/her designee
2. In a primary role as medical transporters
3. In a primary role as medical providers